Croeso i Dosbarth 5!
Teacher: Miss Parsons
This term our ‘Skills Enrichment’ topic will be: Allotment
We will be:
- Conducting research into the seasonality of different foods in the UK
- Researching different types of farming in the UK/USA
- Presenting our findings in a poster
- Creating comic strips about the life of a banana
- Using spreadsheets and formula to calculate the distance and cost of a range of family meals from farm to fork
- Calculating the area and perimeter of fields and allotments
- Designing our own allotments using a given budget
- Writing our own poems about allotments
- Writing non chronological reports
- Comparing and contrasting processed and unprocessed foods
- Creating a weekly healthy meal plan
- Recreating the work of Guiseppe Arcimboldo and evaluating our work
…and so much more!
Things to Remember:
PE: Friday afternoon swimming, don’t forget your kit!
Homework: to be returned Tuesdays
Big Maths Beat That tests: Fridays
Kidzania Trip: Friday 25th May 2018
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!